Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Tis the Season to go Crazy

fa-la-la-la-la la-la-la-la.

This past November, I was helping my boy and his family make tamales. (They sell them at various markets and store owners etc.) When the topic came up about family photos and his mom's hope to get some done with their entire family this Christmas break, I volunteered to take them. After all, I'm a photographer. I'd get more photos to add to my potential portfolio. Why not? 
"That'd be great...but you'd have to come with us to Lubbock." There was a pause, while everyone looked at each other in agreement, I looked at my cute boy sitting next to me. He looked to his mom, dad, sister...all for approval...then to me. I was horrified...was that too soon for the relationship? For me to take a road trip and meet his ENTIRE family...after only dating him a few weeks. 
"Well," Cute Boy broke the silence, "do you want to go to Lubbock?" Knowing my family had less than no holiday plans, I agreed to the trip. Excited for more time with my boy. 

Weeks later, Dad discovers that he has nearly 2 weeks paid vacation. That's 2 weeks of a bunch of doing nothing but maybe admiring the 4 walls of a tiny apartment. That, we all know, my dad simply cannot do.
"Hey Punkin, we're going to Vegas for Christmas!" I might as well been running around like a chicken with my head cut off. I had plans!!! We eventually decided that I would take the road trip with my folks, fly back home, then drive with my boy to Lubbock. 

Saturday- Drive to Los Cruces stay in a hotel and then keep driving. I did NOT, however, plan to get a sinus infection that is continuing and making me feel horrible.
Sunday- Drive to Phoenix to visit my great aunt (whom I'm named after and I think she's AWESOME!) and continue with the sinus infection and horrible feeling.
Monday- Drive to Los Vegas to see my dad's side of the family. Continue with the infection and nasty feeling. 

Now, I have no idea what any plans are; EXCEPT my flight home on Saturday.

Yup, this holiday season will definitely be...interesting.

1 comment:

  1. pretty sure it's the universe's way of punishing you for not coming to see me. most likely. :P

    ReplyDelete