Like most weekends, my mother decided to send me links to pictures of adorable puppies she, and my dad, would never condone me getting any of them. Some of Huskies, some of Border Collies, and some that I don't know what breed they are but they're SO CUTE!
Anyways, on this particular day, I decided to continue looking for cute puppies myself. When, I suddenly stumbled upon a link to a craigslist ad. It advertised two very cute puppies that were up for adoption. Posted by their Foster Mom, who was working through Pawsitive Karma Rescue...I dug deeper. This dog...he was mine. I don't know how I knew or why I felt that way. But he was.
I did even MORE research, what type of dog he'd be (the agency says he's an Australian Cattle Dog but I did a little more research and believe he's more of a Texas Heeler) the amount of money a puppy would cost...I thought of everything. I attempted to convince my parents to allow the adoption to go through but they would have none of it. [That night was my first break down through the entire process.] So, I decided to do it myself. AND, that's exactly what I did. I went through the entire process, and let me tell you...there is a TON of stuff required. After a few questionnaires, some e-mails, phone calls, and the first bit of paperwork...I was done with the first bit.
Then came the madness. An important friend in this was suddenly unsure of me getting my new puppy. I really needed her support due to my parents' lack of such. [Then, came my next break down.] My parents against it, my friend against it, and therefore, my future landlords possibly being against it as well. WHICH, in my case, would be the final say on my side of keeping or giving up Max to another family. By the way, this past year I was offered a puppy that a friend found abandoned by it's owner. He was then taken out from under me by another. I was not about to let that happen with this pup.
Getting everything settled on all 3 sides was an adventure and task in its own way. But now...I don't see myself not having the most awesome puppy ever.
See Max Play in these YouTube videos that were posted on Pawsitive Karma Rescue's website.
Adorable, right? I should probably tell you, his name was not Max when I adopted him. The Foster Family allow their kids to name the dogs they foster and the girls chose to name him Cookie. A cute name...but I wanted something a little more...boy. So, Max it is. Was. And forever more will be. (well...was if "was" meant when I saw his picture and decided from then on fourth...then, yes it was.)
More stories to come about Max...
Meet Max
Shopping for Max
Max Comes "Home"

No comments:
Post a Comment