I had a busy day: meeting with my future landlords, picking up basics for Max (though I wasn't sure I could adopt him yet) and actually getting to meet him. We pulled up to the driveway, parked, and walked up to the front door. (When I say "we" I mean my boyfriend and I.) She (the foster mom) must've known we were there because the door swung open before we could even knock. "You must be here for Cookie." Well...he WILL be Max...but it depends on how this goes.
"Yup." I said with a massive grin on my face, and she opened the door and allowed us inside.
As soon as Max was let out of his crate, he ran to me. There was no greater feeling. We stayed at the house, playing with Max and talking to his Foster Mom. She told us that he never acted this loving towards any other family that had come to see him. He gave me kisses and cuddles and played well with me and my boy. He tried to bite me though, which is understandable. He's just a puppy and he's teething. I simply grabbed his muzzle and held it closed, firmly saying, "No biting." He didn't like it...but he got the idea.
After finishing up our "Meet and Greet" with the foster family holding onto "Cookie" Max, I anxiously awaited news saying I was a good candidate and that he could be mine... Waiting is difficult.
After finishing up our "Meet and Greet" with the foster family holding onto "Cookie" Max, I anxiously awaited news saying I was a good candidate and that he could be mine... Waiting is difficult.
No comments:
Post a Comment